Osaka Shopping a half day Tour (SWA036)
Shopping and strolling tour around Dotonbori area. You can enjoy watching kitchen utensils for Osaka special foods such as akoyaki, Okonomiyaki & etc. and experiencing food samples at Doguyasuji street. Daimaru Shinsaibashi is abundant in a variety of goods and foods. Midosuji, the busiest downtown in Osaka, is attractive avenue lined up with brand shops.
Price per person
22,900 yen for 1 person
15,600 yen for 2 persons
13,200 yen for 3 persons
12,000 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 5,000 yen
- Tour Style
- This is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Pick up at your hotel in Osaka
(The picking-up applicable hotels are limited to the hotels within 30 minutes from JR Osaka Station. If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.)
- Group Size
- 1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
- 4 hours
- Tour Itinerary
- 9:00 start
Your hotel→Namba→Doguyasuji→Dotonbori→Shinsaibashi street→Daimaru Shinsaibashi→Midosuji→Shinsaibashi
Doguyasuji street with groups of amazing cooking utensils for Osaka special foods such as Takoyaki, Okonomiyaki, Taiyaki etc. started from 1882. Not only professionals but general visitors and tourists can watch cooking utensils, Noren (traditional apanese fabric dividers), food samples including making samples(option). This street symbolizes Osaka as of the Kitchen of the Nation. Foods and plays in Osaka culture were nurtured in this street.
Dotonbori names after Yasui Doton who invested for the construction of the river. Tokugawa Shogunate instituted urban planning, designated Dotonbori as the entertainment district of Osaka. As theaters and huts were built, many eating places were built to cater visitors. The area still be alive with a variety of various shops throughout the year.
This street has flourished since Edo period because of the good access to Dotonbori where theaters were lined. There are shops of long standing such as ITOJINJUDO, Pottery/Lacquer Ware shop, UJI Koen a tea shop & a green tea room and new young fashion shops such as H&M, ZARA, GU etc.
◆Daimaru Shinsaibashi Store
Daimaru Shinsaibashi Store is proud of a modern architecture built in 1922 by William Merrell Vories as a landmark of Shinsaibashi. It was founded as Matsuya Kimono shop in 1726. It has several good brands such as Cartier、Tiffany etc. , a good selection of shops like Muji and basement food floor. Tax exemption is available at Foreign Customer Service on the 5F of the North Building.
(Spot E) Midosuji Boulevard is the primary main street in central Osaka. It runs north-south. Midosuji was built in 1937, widening an existing north-south street and extending it to run accordingly with subway construction. Today Midosuji is an ultra high-class shopping street, housing clothing stores by such brands as Louis Vuitton, Chanel and even an Apple flagship store.
- What's Included
- Guiding fee, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
- What's not Included
- Cost of meal and sightseeing activities
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants and date.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.
Osaka Fish Market Walking & Sushi Making...
Explore Osaka Central Wholesale Market with o...
Osaka Kaiyu-kan Aquarium Half-day Tour（SWA034...
Osaka has a harbor unlike Kyoto, a city in a ...
Universal Studios Japan, the Theme Park of Ho...
Universal Studio Japan opened in March 2001, ...
Osaka Private Tour with a guide by Taxi (SWA0...
This tour covers from south to north of Osaka...
Osaka Castle & River Cruise half day tou...
This is a walking tour from your hotel to vi...