Private dinner with Maiko in Kyoto
IntroductionMaiko are apprentice to geisha and are highly trained young Japanese women entertainer.
In Japan, Maiko culture goes back to 300 years ago where originally in the Kyoto area near shrines. They were women who would offer tea and sweets to travelers. However, gradually they started serving alcohol and cooking but gradually they started imitating Kabuki actors and became what they are now as entertainers.
With this tour, you will be able to have dinner with these Maiko, which is a very rare experience that only a very limited people can have dinner with them.
In Japanese, there is a word 『Ichigen-san, Okotowari』(一見さんお断り), which proves how difficult it is for ordinary people to even enter the Maiko facility.
Ichigen-san means 『first timer』 and Okotowari means 『being rejected』.
Trust is very important in this facility, that if your not the few that are trusted by Maiko, then your visit would be denied.
However, this program is operated by a person who knows and is trusted by the Maiko to have your experience
In this activity, you will be able to have a chance to interact with Maiko in private, just as those limited few trusted people can.
Authentic Kaiseki cuisine will be provided, and you would be able to see the Maiko perform their dance and listen to them playing traditional Japanese instruments.
You will only be able to experience this rare activity with this tour, come and enjoy Japanese Maiko culture privately!
Pricing per person
1 person: 81,000 yen
2 persons: 54,400 yen
3 persons: 45,500 yen
4 persons: 41,000 yen
5 persons: 38,400 yen
Tour StylePrivate tour
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 5 persons
Tour Itinerary- Meet with your assistant at the facility
- Enter to the facility
- Kaiseki cuisine dinner with watching a dance performed by Maiko
What's Included- 2 Maiko
- Kaiseki cuisine
- 1 drink
- Facility entrance fee
What's not Included- Additional drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent. You do not need to have a paypal account to make a payment with your credit card.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without a charge up to 32 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 31 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Cancellation after 31 days prior to the tour date and on the day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time in JST