Rakugo, Traditional Japanese Comedy Storytelling, Lesson
◆What is Rakugo
Rakugo is a form of Japanese verbal entertainment. The lone storyteller sits on stage. Using only a paper fan and a small cloth as props, and without standing up from the seiza sitting position, the rakugo artist depicts a long and complicated comical story. The story always involves the dialogue of two or more characters, the difference between the characters depicted only through change in pitch, tone, and a slight turn of the head.
◆What you will experience.
Learn this unique form of comic storytelling.
*Some Japanese language ability required.
1 person: 10,700 yen
2 persons and more: 7,000 yen
- Group Size
- Min. 1 person
Max. 15 persons
- 60 min.
- Tour Itinerary
- At your requested timing between 10AM and 4PM.
Name: Yanesen Tourist Information &Culture Centre.
Address: Yanaka3-13-7, Taitou-Ku , Tokyo, 110-0001
[JR (Yamanote Line)] Nippori Station Exit the North Gate, West Exit (for Yanaka). 12min on foot.
[Subway (chiyoda Line)] Sendagi Station Exit #2 5 min. on foot.
- What's Included
- -Lesson fee
- What's not Included
- -Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal/bitcoin. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 days will incur 100% of the program charge.
- For cooking program, please inform us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
Koudo Japanese Incense Ceremony Experience in...
◆What is Koudo? Koudo is the art of apprecia...
Iai-do Japanese Sword Technique Learning in T...
Japanese Swordsmanship. I = Being, Ai = Enco...
Japanese Food Cooking and Table Manner Learni...
Unique opportunity to experience Japanese sty...
Tea Ceremony (Sado) Experience in Tokyo
Sado, the tea ceremony is one of the tradutio...
Learn how to play Koto, Japanese traditional ...
Koto is a traditional Japanese traditional mu...
Learn Shakuhachi - Japanese Traditional Instr...
◆What is Shakuhachi Shakuhachi are usually m...