Join a Repairing Pottery Experience Program using a lacquer mixed with gold in Tokyo
IntroductionThis is a very unique experience that you will learn the technique to repair Japanese traditional cups or plates with a lacquer that's mixed of a gold.
This is Japanese traditional technique to repair a broken tableware by making use of the broken part and repair it better looking than before. You will see and feel how Japanese people treat items very important.
Because it is supposed to use pure lacquer and gold, the process is long, expensive, and possibility of poison by lacquer, but in this experience, you will use substitute lacquer and gold. Thus, you can experience it easily and safely.
After the experience, you will be able to bring the repaired item back to home with you.
You will also wear samue in this clean and beautiful workshop facility, which is conveniently located in Omotesando.
Price per person: 6,480 Yen
Electric pottery wheel experience and chopstick rest making is also available at this location:http://beauty-of-japan.com/tour/pottery-experience-ceramic-tokyo/
Tour StyleThis is a cultural experience program.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Program is offered in English.
Meeting Place: 4-6-2 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
(4 min walk from Subway Ginza-line, Hanzomon-line, Chiyoda-line Omotesando station Exit A2)
Group Size2 to 70 people
Tour ItineraryAvailable time:
Weekdays: 10AM (except Friday), 1PM, 3PM, 7PM
Weekends: 10AM, 1PM, 3PM, 5PM
*Wednesday is closed
- Introduction (5 min)
- Demonstration (10 min)
- Repair experience (40 min)
- Clean up (5 min)
What's Included- Lesson fee
- Material cost
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal. You do not need to have a Paypal account to pay with your credit card.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.