Rickshaw ride in Higashiyama, Kyoto and learn world famous historical town.
IntroductionHigashiyama is another area you can never miss in Kyoto. Kiyomizu temple, Ginkakuji temple and many other tourist spots are here. Gion, you may picture a Geisha(called Geiko and Maiko in Kyoto) in this area, where flagstone paths with traditional Japanese townhouses alongside of them are preserved.
Explore your favorite sights on a rickshaw, and expand your Kyoto experience.
The comfortable ride on the rickshaw, with your eye level slightly higher than usual, will let you enjoy different views of the surrounding scenery. While you are traveling, you can enjoy the explanations given by our staff and the interesting conversations with them. In some courses, you can visit famous sights and take photos.
There are a few English speaking staff at each location.
It is recommended to contact us as early as possible, as a lack of English speaking staff may occur during busy seasons.
Please ask us about other languages.
Tour Style1 block tours(1.2km in 12 minutes) and 2 block tours(2.2km in 22 minutes) are available. Chartered tours going into depth, are available from 30 minutes,1 hour, and even longer hours.
The luxurious 3 hour "Daimyo" course is also an option. For more details please see the course introduction page for each location.
For standard tours and short tours, you can find the popular courses listed on each location's page.
The final destination can be arranged to your choice. ( No extra charge for one way use.)
The locations for visiting and arrival can be determined by prior consultation, so please feel free to talk to our staff in the begging.
Group SizeUp to 20 persons (10 rickshaws); however, please bear in mind that because the number of foreign language speaking rickshaws are limited, it is not guaranteed to set up with your desired language rickshaw if the group size is too big.
DurationPrice in order of 1passenger, 2 passengers, and 3 passengers. (2 rickshaws）
12minutes ¥ 3,000 ¥ 4,000 ¥ 6,000
22minutes ¥ 5,000 ¥ 7,000 ¥ 10,500
30 minute tour ¥ 7,000 ¥ 9,000 ¥ 13,500
45 minute tour ¥ 10,000 ¥ 13,500 ¥ 20,250
60 minute tour ¥ 13,000 ¥ 17,500 ¥ 26,250
120 minute tour ¥ 23,500 ¥ 32,500 ¥ 48,750
180 minute tour ¥ 32,500 ¥ 47,500 ¥ 71,250
Prices depend on the time, distance and the age of the passenger. Elementary school children and above Pre-school children : free of charge, provided that they are accompanied by one or more full fare passenger/s and are not occupying a seat but is sitting on a lap.
Tour ItineraryBusiness hours are usually from 9:30am to sunset.
Tour TipsThe canvas roof and waterproof cover will protect you from rain and snow.
(Forgive us if a playful wind gets you a little wet.)
Pick-up service is available at any location if in the operation permitted area.
Please keep in mind that in high seasons delays or cancellations may be inevitable due to heavy traffic.
1. Please ask us for availability through 'contact us' form and make sure to write the number of participants, date, and time.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 4 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 3 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 3 days and 2 days: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the rickshaw's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration and route is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the traffic condition and/or other cause without prior notice.
- Deadline for booking a program is 3 business days prior to the program date.