Rickshaw ride in Arashiyama, Kyoto will guide you secret side of the town
Arashiyama, one of the best known tourist spots in Japan had been a resorting site for imperial families and noble families for centuries. Cherry blossoms in spring, red maple leaves in autumn, temples and villas surrounded by the beautiful nature changing from season to season, will always bring something special to you.
Our rickshaws will take you into special scenes hidden behind famous tourist sites such as Togetsukyo bridge or Tenryuji temple. You can enjoy every season to its full extent as they guide you through the nostalgic landscape fields and temples, not to mention the beloved bamboo grove.
The comfortable ride on the rickshaw, with your eye level slightly higher than usual, will let you enjoy different views of the surrounding scenery. While you are traveling, you can enjoy the explanations given by our staff and the interesting conversations with them. In some courses, you can visit famous sights and take photos.
There are a few English speaking staff at each location.
It is recommended to contact us as early as possible, as a lack of English speaking staff may occur during busy seasons.
Please ask us about other languages.
- Tour Style
- 1 block tours(1.2km in 12 minutes) and 2 block tours(2.2km in 22 minutes) are available. Chartered tours going into depth, are available from 30 minutes,1 hour, and even longer hours.
The luxurious 3 hour “Daimyo” course is also an option. For more details please see the course introduction page for each location.
For standard tours and short tours, you can find the popular courses listed on each location's page.
The final destination can be arranged to your choice. ( No extra charge for one way use.)
The locations for visiting and arrival can be determined by prior consultation, so please feel free to talk to our staff in the begging.
- Group Size
- Up to 20 persons (10 rickshaws); however, please bear in mind that because the number of foreign language speaking rickshaws are limited, it is not guaranteed to set up with your desired language rickshaw if the group size is too big.
- Prices depend on the time, distance and the age of the passenger. Elementary school children and above Pre-school children : free of charge, provided that they are accompanied by one or more full fare passenger/s and are not occupying a seat but is sitting on a lap.
Price in order of 1passenger, 2 passengers, and 3 passengers. (2 rickshaws）
12minutes ¥ 3,000 ¥ 4,000 ¥ 6,000
22minutes ¥ 5,000 ¥ 7,000 ¥ 10,500
30 minute tour ¥ 7,000 ¥ 9,000 ¥ 13,500
45 minute tour ¥ 10,000 ¥ 13,500 ¥ 20,250
60 minute tour ¥ 13,000 ¥ 17,500 ¥ 26,250
120 minute tour ¥ 23,500 ¥ 32,500 ¥ 48,750
180 minute tour ¥ 32,500 ¥ 47,500 ¥ 71,250
Prices depend on the time, distance and the age of the passenger. Elementary school children and above Pre-school children : free of charge, provided that they are accompanied by one or more full fare passenger/s and are not occupying a seat but is sitting on a lap.
- Tour Itinerary
- Business hours are usually from 9:30am to sunset.
- Tour Tips
- The canvas roof and waterproof cover will protect you from rain and snow.
(Forgive us if a playful wind gets you a little wet.)
Pick-up service is available at any location if in the operation permitted area.
Please keep in mind that in high seasons delays or cancellations may be inevitable due to heavy traffic.
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants, date, and time.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 4 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 3 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 3 days and 2 days: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the rickshaw's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration and route is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the traffic condition and/or other cause without prior notice.
- Deadline for booking a program is 3 business days prior to the program date.
Byodoin Hoo-do (Phonix Hall) temple, Uji, Kyo...
Byodoin temple was built in 1052. In the foll...
Learn the Calligraphy (Shodo) in Kyoto
What image do you have of Japanese Calligraph...
Kyoto Bonsai, Toji Temple, & Fushimi Ina...
This is a tour going around the southern vici...
Cooking Lesson of Japanese daily cuisine in K...
You may think we Japanese eat sushi or tempur...
Exploring the Heart of Kyoto for a half day （...
Kyoto has a large cultural legacy coming from...