Go on a professionally guided sake journey through 100 different kinds of sake in this, 'all-you-can-taste' experience.
This is the perfect opportunity for people who like a tipple every now and then of something different. Learn how sake is made, about the raw ingredients, about the myriad of varieties that are out there. In this program, a British sake master will teach you the A to Z of sake and help you find a sake which is perfectly suited to your personal preferences. It’s like buying a suit, only it’s sake.
Each lesson comes with a specially made hand-out and cheat sheet which you can take home to relive the experience.
- SAKE IN A NUTSHELL
- HISTORY OF SAKE
- SAKE INGREDIENTS
- SAKE PRODUCTION PROCESS
- THE SAKE BREWERY
- THE FEATURES OF SAKE
- CRASH COURSE ON HOW TO FIND A SAKE TO SUIT YOUR PERSONAL TASTES
The master will guide you through a selection of flights comprising of 10-15 completely different sakes, taken from breweries located all over Japan.
Special Section: Seasonal Sake Selection
From January through to March, participants will be guided through 3 different newly brewed sakes. The freshness and vivacious quality of this type of sake is truly unparalleled. * Contents may vary depending on season.
Old to New
A selection of sakes that allow the participant to experience both old and new sake making styles.
A selection of sakes that show off the different aromas that are possible. Prepared to be amazed by the vast array of aromas.
The master will choose a selection of sake to pair with the food you have brought with you.
The best of the best
Finish off with some of the most exquisitely beautiful refined sakes.
Weird and wonderful
Some of the strangest sakes out there. This flight includes cloudy sakes.
Sake at different temperatures
A selection of one or two sakes served at different temperatures.
You choose the sake and our master will tell you about them.
After the lesson and guided tasting, you will be free to taste over 100 different kinds of sake including plum wine and other Japanese liqueurs. You are welcome to bring in your own food.
Price (per person):
1. Lesson and all you can taste: 5,950 yen
- Sake lesson and all-you-can-taste sake.
- Feel free to bring in your own food.
2. Yakitori meal option: 8,450 yen
- Comes with 12 pcs of Yakitori (grilled chicken on skew)
3. Sushi meal option: 8,950 yen
- Comes with 15 pcs of Sushi (nigiri)
◆What is KURAND SAKE MARKET?
A standing bar located in Tokyo that stocks rare and seasonal types of sake that are not easy to find elsewhere, ready for you to taste.
You are free to bring in your own food and snacks. Our super easy-going re-entry policy means that you are free to go out and purchase food at any time.
From 7pm to 11pm, you are free to compare as many different kinds of sake as you like. There is no better chance to find that perfectly bespoke sake.
Please scroll this page down and reserve your spot by clicking the "BOOK IT" button.
To book without the lesson simply choose the "all you can taste" option here: http://beauty-of-japan.com/tour/kurand-sake-market/
To book a sake brewery tour, visit here: http://beauty-of-japan.com/tour/historical-sake-brewery-tour-tokyo/
- Tour Style
- - Please note that there may be other participants.
- Program is offered in English ONLY.
Meeting Place: B1F, 1-43-10 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo
- Group Size
- Min. 1 person
Max. 10 persons
For more than 10 persons, a private lesson is available during daytime. Please inquire us for details.
- - Lesson: 2 hours
- Drink time: up to 1hour
- Tour Itinerary
- 7pm start
7PM to 9PM
Sake lesson with tasting
9PM to 10PM
- Enjoy "All you can taste" 100 different kinds of sake!
- You may go out and come back to purchase foods. (Need to come back within 30 min.)
- What's Included
- - Lesson fee
- All you can taste fee
- Yakitori or Sushi for meal included option
- Tour Tips
- 1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Credit card/Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal. Currently no other payment method is accepted. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 3 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 3 days and 1 day before the program date: 50% of the program charge
- On the program date or no show: 100% of the program charge
- There is no extra charge to bring in food, but we ask that you refrain from bringing in foods with a strong smell. Foods can be purchased at the department store nearby.
- Chopsticks, plastic trays, and soy sauce are available at the restaurant. You may leave at any time to go out and buy food.
- There is a hot sake making machine for those who prefer hot sake.
- Some side dishes are available for an additional charge.
- It is prohibited to bring in alcohol. (Non-alcohol beverage is allowed.)
- Restaurant is non-smoking.
- Please pace yourself when drinking. If employees deem you to have overdrunk, they'll ask you to stop drinking and in some cases, ask you to leave.
- When the restaurant is crowded, there is a chance to drink will other people.
- The venue is all standing; there is no seating.
16% Discount! Robot Restaurant Ticket, Shinju...
◆Ticket Price (per person): 6,700 yen Credit...
Tickets for KAGUWA: Oiran and Geisha entertai...
Do not miss the entertainment show in Roppong...
Walking Tour with Sumo wrestlers in Asakusa a...
This is a special tour where ex-sumo wrestler...
Local Bar Hopping in Backstreet of Tokyo and ...
How about exploring traditional Izakaya in To...
Customizable Tsukiji Fish Market Guided Walki...
Tsukiji market is the biggest market among 11...