Salted Pollack Roe Tasting in Fukuoka
IntroductionOne of the most popular souvenirs from Fukuoka is the famous Mentaiko (Salted pollack roe)! However, because there are so many varieties available, it can be difficult to know which one to choose.
With this Mentaiko tasting experience, you will! We have chosen 5 different kinds of Fukuoka’s most delicious Mentaiko so that you can taste them all and find your favorite!
What is Mentaiko?
Mentaiko is a sack of salted cod roe that is marinated in different seasonings and spices to create a wide range of flavors. You'll find that raw mentaiko is different in colors, they range from muted pink to bright red, depending on the food manufacturer.
There are also Karashi Mentaiko, Karashi means spicy in Japanese. This mentaiko is seasoned with Japanese red chili pepper spices, which gives it a extra kick.
In Japanese, spicy cod roe (Karashi Mentaiko) is also referred to as simply "mentaiko".
Price per person: 3,600 yen
Tour Style- There may be other participants.
- There will be an english speaking staff
Group SizeMin. 2
Meeting pointSuito Fkuoka
Adress: 1-15-27, Daimyo, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka
Tour Itinerary■Arrival and Reception
■Interesting information about Mentaiko of Fukuoka
■Mentaiko tasting time
■Tasting of five different kinds of Mentaiko from Fukuoka
■Game! Try to figure out which Mentaiko corresponds to which brand!
■Introduction of Mentaiko shops in the vicinity of SUiTO
What's Included5 kinds of mentaiko, mentaiko omelette, rice, miso soup, pickles
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 4 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 3 day before the program date will incur the following charges:
- 3 day prior: 50% of the program charge
- The day before the date of travel or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
Please point out any specific dietary requirements or food allergies when booking.