Shamisen, Japanese Traditional Instrument Lesson in Tokyo
Introduction◆History of Shamisen
The samisen was handed down to Japan approximately approximately 400 years ago.
Shamisen is approximately 97 centimeters and three-stringed instrument played solo or in ensemble, with singing such as Nagauta, drama accompaniment i.e. Kabuki and Bunraku.
In the historical beginnings, snake skin was used. The body is stuck on a pole, the neck. Body and neck can be taken apart, so the it is easier to transport.
◆What you will experience
Lesson offered by the professional Shamisen instructor.
You will not only learn how to play the Shamisen but also how to perform using Shamisen.
◆Pricing (per person)
1 person: 8,000 yen
2 persons and more: 6,500 yen
Group SizeMIn. 1 person
Max. 15 persons
Tour ItineraryAt your requested timing between 10AM and 4PM.
Name: Yanesen Tourist Information &Culture Centre.
Address: Yanaka3-13-7, Taitou-Ku , Tokyo, 110-0001
[JR (Yamanote Line)] Nippori Station Exit the North Gate, West Exit (for Yanaka). 12min on foot.
[Subway (chiyoda Line)] Sendagi Station Exit #2 5 min. on foot.
What's Included-Lesson fee
-Equipment rental fee
What's not Included-Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal/bitcoin. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 days will incur 100% of the program charge.
- For cooking program, please inform us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.