Shamisen (Japanese traditional musical instrument) Experience in Fukuoka
IntroductionAre you interested in music or musical instrument? With this experience you will be able to experience one of Japan's traditional musical instrument the "Shamisen".
This program not only you will be able to listen to experts playing the shamisen, however you can also experience playing the shamisen and at the end of the program, you will come out being able to play a song with the Shamisen.
What is Shamisen?
Shamisen is a three string guitar instrument which is a traditional Japanese musical instrument derived from Chinese instrument sanxian. The instrument is played with a pick called a bachi.
This instrument is well known in kabuki performance, and is also used in other Japanese traditional performance arts.
A Message from a Shamisen player
Tsuyoshi Tomoyama : I started to play Tsugaru-shamisen when I was a college student. I have been playing shamisen mainly in Fukuoka. I became a member of NORIDAN which is a Korean entertainment company in 2012 and played many types of songs for 2 years in Korea. If the country is different, so is the culture, and it can be said for music and musical instruments. I enjoyed interacting with various people through music and musical instruments there. Let’s try shamisen and enjoy Japanese culture together!
Price for 1 person
Price per person for 2 persons or more
Tour Style-There may be other participant
Group SizeMax. 2 persons
DurationTime: 11:00AM / 4:00PM / 6:00PM
1 hour program
What's Included-Shamisen practice
What's not Included-Hotel Pick up and Drop off
-Food and Beverage
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 7 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 7 days before the program date will incur the following:
- Between 7 days to 2 day: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.