Soba Noodle Making in Matsumoto, Nagano
IntroductionWhat is Soba noodle?
Soba noodle is a popular noodle dish like ramen in Japan. However unlike ramen Soba noodle is made from buckwheat flour, although in some places and region they would add wheat flour as well. Soba noodle can be eaten either hot or cold, which makes a great dish for both cold season and warm seasons. When eating soba you will dip into a sauce called "Tsuyu," and you would slurp while eating with a chopsticks. Matsumoto where you would be visiting is very popular with Soba, try and make your very own soba and become a soba chef.
In this program, you will watch a video explaining about Soba making, and afterwards the english speaking professional soba making chef will kindly instruct you on how to make your own soba.
During this hour long class, you'll learn from the basic from starting by creating the dough, rolling it out and slicing it to thin noodle strips using a special soba knife. After all of your hard work you wil be able to eat your very own tasty soba noodles!
This tour has multiple starting time, so please choose prefer time of your choice.
With this activity you will learn about the making of soba and you could bring that knowledge back to your country and be your very own soba chef that you can show off to your friends.
Price per person
Tour StyleThere will be other participants
Group SizeMin. 2 persons
Max. 10 persons
Duration1 hour for making
Tour ItineraryStarting time:
10:30AM, 3:30PM, 4:30PM or 5:30PM
What's Included- English speaking assistant
- Soba noodle making lessson
- Soba noodle
What's not Included- Drink
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 7 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 7 days and 2 days: 30% of the program charge
- The day before the date of travel: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.