Spiritual Walking "Enryaku-ji, Mii-dera, & Mt. Hiei" from Osaka/Kyoto (SWA049)
In this course, you will travel across spiritual Mr. Hiei, visiting Enryaku-ji Temple registered as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site and Mii-dera Temple; an ancient temple built at the foot of Mt. Hiei. Also, you can enjoy walking along the shore of Lake Biwa; the largest lake in Japan, and then enjoy the panoramic view of the lake from the top of Mr. Hiei.
Price per person
35,000 yen for 1 person
25,500 yen for 2 persons
22,300 yen for 3 persons
20,700 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 9,600 yen
- Tour Style
- This is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Pick up at your hotel
(The picking-up applicable hotels are limited to the hotels within 30 minutes from JR Osaka Station. If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.)
- Group Size
- 1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
- 8 hours
- Tour Itinerary
- 9:00 start
Your hotel→JR Otsu Station→Nagisa Park (walking along the shore of Lake Biwa)→Keihan Ishiba Station→Keihan Miidera Station→Mii-dera Temple→Keihan Miidera Station→Keihan Sakamoto Station→Sakamoto (walking & lunch)→Cable Car→Enryaku-ji Temple→JR Kyoto Station
You will walk along the shore of Lake Biwa from Otsu Port through Nagisa Park, enjoying the beautiful view of the lake. It’s a beautiful park full of water and nature with fountains, a music hall, waterfowls, and so on.
Mii-dera Temple is a historically important ancient temple located near Lake Biwa and also the head temple of the Tendaijimon Buddhist sect. With Mr. Hiei on the background, there are many temple buildings such as Kondo hall registered as a national treasure, Kannon-do hall designated as the 14th amulet-offering point of the Sacred Kannon Temples of Western Japan, Shaka-do hall, and To-in complex in the huge premise. The temple has over 100 national treasures and important cultural properties and is filled with many other interesting spots, for example, a miraculous spring inside the hall from which the temple’s name “Mii-dera (temple of the three wells)” was derived and a temple bell called “Evening Bell at Mii-dera Temple” famous for its beautiful sound.
Sakamoto, a temple town of Hieizan Enryaku-ji Temple, is a historic town with many houses of retired priests who finished the Buddhist ascetic practices. Also, Sakamoto is famous for its beautiful stone masonry. Please enjoy walking in this beautiful town and the longest distance of cable-car ride in Japan to Enryaku-ji Temple.
◆Hieizan Enryaku-ji Temple
Hieizan Enryaku-ji Temple is the head temple of Tendai sect registered as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site. The huge site has clusters of buildings in three areas: To-do (East Pagoda), Sai-to (West Pagoda), and Yokawa. The grounds are filled with a solemn atmosphere as a training site of Tendai sect of Buddhism.
- What's Included
- Guiding fee, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
- What's not Included
- Cost of meal and sightseeing activities
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants and date.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.
Kimono Dressing in Kyoto & Strolling His...
The kimono is the representative traditional ...
Visiting Ama (Female Divers) Hunt on the Seas...
Ise-Shima area has been playing a specified r...
Nara, ancient capital, One Day Tour with a gu...
This private walking tour starts at Kintetsu ...