'Tezomeya workshop' Learn and enjoy Japanese way of natural dyeing!
You can learn and experience natural dyeing, with traditional Japanese cultures. Try indigo dyeing, or Benibana-zome (Safflower dyeing), and other various techniques in short or long lessons. Long courses allow you to choose from 1 of other more time consuming dyes.
Traditional Japanese colors are a deep part of Japanese culture and history. Learn many aspects of Japanese language, and culture through natural dyeing.
Price per person
Short course: 4,800 yen
Long course: 9,200 yen
- Tour Style
- This is a cultural experience program.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
Meeting place: 2F 456 Sasaya-cho (Fuyacho-dori), Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
- Group Size
- Min. 1 person
Max. 5 persons
- Short course 2-3 hours
Long course 6-7 hours (including 1 hour lunch break)
- Tour Itinerary
- Please inquire us for timing.
- What's Included
- - Experience fee
- Organic snood
(You can bring your own cloth to dye. Short course 300g max, Long course 500g max)
- What's not Included
- - Transportation fee
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal. You do not need to have a paypal account to make a payment with your credit card.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation mail will be sent to you.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 2 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 1 day before the program date will incur the following charges:
- 1 day before or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 4 business days prior to the program date.
- Attendees can bring their own material to dye or purchase from our workspace.
'SAMURAI KEMBU' Enjoy Samurai experience in K...
KEMBU 剣舞, a Japanese traditional performing a...
Cooking Lesson of Japanese daily cuisine in K...
You may think we Japanese eat sushi or tempur...
Arima Hot Spring Walking Tour (From Kyoto)（SW...
Start from Kyoto/Osaka, enjoy 6～7-hour trip t...