'Tezomeya workshop' Learn and enjoy Japanese way of natural dyeing!
IntroductionYou can learn and experience natural dyeing, with traditional Japanese cultures. Try indigo dyeing, or Benibana-zome (Safflower dyeing), and other various techniques in short or long lessons. Long courses allow you to choose from 1 of other more time consuming dyes.
Traditional Japanese colors are a deep part of Japanese culture and history. Learn many aspects of Japanese language, and culture through natural dyeing.
Price per person
Short course: 4,800 yen
Long course: 9,200 yen
Tour StyleThis is a cultural experience program.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
Meeting place: 2F 456 Sasaya-cho (Fuyacho-dori), Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 5 persons
DurationShort course 2-3 hours
Long course 6-7 hours (including 1 hour lunch break)
Tour ItineraryPlease inquire us for timing.
What's Included- Experience fee
- Organic snood
(You can bring your own cloth to dye. Short course 300g max, Long course 500g max)
What's not Included- Transportation fee
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal. You do not need to have a paypal account to make a payment with your credit card.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation mail will be sent to you.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 2 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 1 day before the program date will incur the following charges:
- 1 day before or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice. - Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 4 business days prior to the program date.
- Attendees can bring their own material to dye or purchase from our workspace.