Traditional Tea Ceremony Experience in Tokyo （ETR001）
IntroductionHow about joining the Japanese Tea Ceremony? You will have a delicious tea and a confection. Professional tea masters will teach you how you make it and explain the profound meaning of it, connected to Zen Buddhism. It was founded in the 16th century and surprisingly the original spirits still remain, which will provide you a peaceful mind in the tearoom. It is regarded as a comprehensive Japanese art including everything,-a hanging scroll, a flower arrangement, tea instruments, and even breeze and sunshine-, the harmony among them is superb. It must be a precious time, and you must completely forget about your busy everyday life.
It is impossible to understand by reading. You should be able to understand it only by actual experience. Please have a wonderful time and feel the Japanese spirits and a beautiful season with kimono dressed tea masters.
Private program is available. Please click here for more details. →http://beauty-of-japan.com/tour/private-traditional-tea-ceremony-experience-in-tokyo
Price (per person) : 5,900 yen
Tour StyleThis is a cultural experience program.
- This program is available on Monday to Friday. Please ask us for availability.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Programs are offered in English.
Kimono Dressing <8,200 JPY / person>
Kimono dressing is at the heart of Japanese Culture. In this program you will experience and explore many aspects of the kimono, particularly its origins stemming from the traditional skills of Japanese "dyeing" and "weaving". You will also understand the versatility and specific features of the kimono. Even if one's shape changes, the same kimono can be worn with just some minor adjustments. Following the explanation, assisted by an instructor, you will have the unique chance to wear a kimono. We will help you take photos in the room or in the garden.
Casual Kimono Wearing & Walk-out <8,200 yen / person>
In this program, guests will have the unique chance to wear a yukata (a light cotton kimono) with an obi (a sash) of their choice. Assisted by the instructor, you will learn how to dress yourselves in a yukuta. Then we will help you take photos in the room or in the garden. You can bring the yukata and obi home.
Casual Kimono Wearing Lesson <3,100 yen / person>
In this program, guests will have the unique chance to wear a yukata (a light cotton kimono) with an obi (a sash) of their choice. Assisted by the instructor, you will learn how to dress yourself in a yukuta. Then we will help you take photos in the room or in the garden.
Group Size1~10 persons
Tour Itinerary8:50 : Meet at the specified facility.
9:00 : Program begins.
10:00：End of program.
What's IncludedGuiding fee
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants, date, and time (for private program).
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 3 business days prior to the program date.