Traditional Yuki-Tsumugi weaving experience (world cultural heritage)
In this tour I will take you to hidden local places in Yuki city in Ibaraki prefecture. There you can learn more about typical aspects of the Japanese culture, historical places, and great local experiences.
Yuki-tsumugi is a high-grade silk textile fashioned in a folk art style via techniques handed down from the Nara period (8th century).
All the work is done by hand, from the spinning to the actual weaving.
The process yields silk with a unique texture and the highest possible quality.
Price (per person) : 12,500 yen
- Tour Style
- This is a cultural experience program.
- This private program date and time can be arranged upon your request.
- Programs are offered in English.
Meeting Place : Shinjuku Station
- Group Size
- Min. 2 persons
Max. 4 persons
- About 8 hours
- Tour Itinerary
Pick you up at Shinjuku Station and take you to Yuki city in Ibaraki prefecture.
Lunch time. We will go to a famous local restaurant.
We will visit the folklore village Tsumugi no Sato. Besides seeing and learning more about traditional local crafts, you will have the chance to try hands-on experiences of weaving in the traditional old Yuki-tsumugi style.
Visit Takeda-Suga Shrine.
Buy a local Japanese Sake, Buyuu as a souvenir. (by the way, it is my favorite!)
Go back to Tokyo.
Drop you off at Shinjyuku Station.
- What's Included
- - guide fee
- making weave coaster fee
- Transportation fee
- What's not Included
- - Food, drink and shopping expenses
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of people, date/time, and a program title.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid with credit card through Paypal.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 8 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- From 7 days prior to program date including no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.