Transform experience to beautiful 'OIRAN', superlative beauty
Introduction"OIRAN" were highly regarded among the prostitutes during the Edo period, they were famous their incandescent beauty.They were women with stunning features, and their various capabilities were selected and educated. They received first class trainings, such as classical literature, Japanese poetry, calligraphy, tea ceremony, Japanese harp, and game of go and shogi.
Why don't you experience "OIRAN" culture, and learn more about the uses of beautiful kimono and Japanese traditional hair ornaments? It will certainly be one of your unforgettable memories during your time in Tokyo!
◆Features of this experience
- We will not use the wig and dress your hair by using your own hair.
- We have variety of hairpins from gold to flower pins and you can choose what you like.
- It will be Japanese makeup, using white, red and black.
- White makeup will be applied, taking your personalities into consideration.
- All kimono are pure silk, and saten damask, and they have elegant shine and texture.
- Gorgeous and high quality over robes are available.
- Market value of a Kimono set: 1-2 million yen.
- Real Kimono set can be very heavy, weighing from 25 to 30kilos. But we are making it much lighter to mitigate the burden without compromising the quality.
◆History of "OIRAN"
The first entertainment quarter (a place where prostitutes gather) in Japan was built in the south of Kyoto in 1589. The entertainment quarter was most popular during the Momoyama period, the glory days of Hideyoshi Toyotomi. During the transition from the Momoyama period to the early Edo period, after Ieyasu Tokugawa reigned the whole country, Edo Yoshiwara was officially acknowledged by the feudal government as an entertainment quarter. The highest-ranked Oiran was called "Tayu", but the name disappeared during Horeki era and the name "Oiran" had been used instead. With the enactment of anti-prostitution law in 1956, Edo Yoshiwara and other entertainment quarters vanished.
Male & Female: 124,700yen
2 Females: 162,100yen
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 3 persons
Name: Police office infront of Kaminari-mon in Asakusa
Address: 1-3-1, Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo
※The meeting and shooting place may change depending on the schedule.
● 3 min. walk from Asakusa station (Tokyo metro line)
● 5 min. walk from Asakusa staion (Toei Asakusa line)
What's Included-Kimono Rental
-Makeup & Hair dressing
-Photo Shoot(photo data & 2prints of A4size photo
What's not Included-Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal/bitcoin. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 20 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 19 days will incur 30% of the program charge.
Reservations cancelled less than 3 days will incur 50% of the program charge.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 days will incur 80% of the program charge.
No show and ‘on the day’ cancellation 100% of the program charge.