Tsukiji Fish Market Walking Guided Tour, Tokyo（STA005）
A National Certified Guide takes you around Tsukiji Market in an enjoyable and safe atmosphere. The guide also helps you shop in a small group. Languages supported are English, French, Spanish, Chinese, and others. This walk inside the fish market where fish brokers are busy working is a very special tour. The quality level of restaurants in Tokyo can be compared with that of restaurants of Paris. You may well know of this from the fact that a number of Japanese restaurants are awarded the Michelin stars. Tsukiji Market is instrumental in making this happen. Washoku, Japanese-style food has been registered as a UNESCO Cultural Heritage. Some of its distinguishing features are to use seasonal ingredients and to limit the amount of spices and oil to a bare minimum so that the original flavors of ingredients can be savored.
In order to do that, almost ripened vegetables and fruits should be harvested and distributed to consumers in a very short time. Seafood should also be as fresh as possible and preferably be delivered to consumers within the same day of its catch. Tsukiji Market is the world largest fish market handling 480 kinds of seafood and 380 kinds of vegetables and fruits. To make this happen, food ingredients should be brought into the market from the previous night without interruption by trucks and its auction starts from 5 a.m.
Skilled workers disassemble tuna and let out the blood and take out the meat from seashells. Thus tuna and seafood are turned into food ingredients. Out of more than 700 food stores employees from restaurants and fishmongers make a purchase for their food ingredients. During auction and purchase dealings, they use special professional jargon that the layman cannot understand. It’s a special world for professional. This tour takes you around to observe what’s happening daily in the market. Help and advice from well experienced guides are indispensable for tourists to walk safely in complexly partitioned narrow alleys with many three-wheel electric cars briskly coming and going. Our single guide can take care of a maximum of four people. Basically children under the age of 11 are not allowed to enter the market.
Price per person:
11,500 yen for 1 person
8,000 yen for 2 persons
6,800 yen for 3 persons
6,200 yen for 4 persons
- Tour Style
- This is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Pick up at your hotel in Tokyo
※Pick-up service is limited to a place within 10 minute walk from a station on JR Yamanote Line or inside the circle of JR Yamanote Line.
- Group Size
- 1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
- 2.5 hours
- Tour Itinerary
- 8:15am start
Welcome at the designated place such as your hotel lobby→Take public transportation means such as subway or JR→Sightseeing of inside and outside of Tsukiji Market(shopping is possible)→Breakup at Tsukiji Station on Oedo Line or Tsukiji Station on Hibiya Line
- What's Included
- Guiding Fees and transportation fee from hotels using public transportation such as subway or JR.
We will charge you an actual fee if you wish to use a taxi or hired car.
※In case of meeting at your lobby, your hotel should be within a ten-minute walk distance from a JR station on Yamanote Line or subway station. We may charge an additional fee in case your hotel is located out of this range.
- What's not Included
- Lunch, meals, shopping expenses
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants, date, and time (for private program).
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 3 business days prior to the program date.
Experience Sushi Making Lesson with beef-nabe...
This program offer you a hands-on lesson of h...
Bronze statues of Tsubasa whom soccer kids dr...
Popular soccer manga "Captain Tsubasa&qu...
Street Performers in Asakusa, known as town o...
When walking around Asakusa, you may encounte...
"Kappabashi Tool Street" with tool shops is a...
Kappabashi tool street is Japan's larges...
Another way to enjoy Asakusa: Big Incense Bur...
Going through the gate of the wind god and th...