Work Shop "Wood Engraving" a half day program in Kyoto (SWA031)
Introduction◆The contents of experience
Our guide picks up you at the lobby of your hotel and also translates craftsman’s instruction in making a work. The instructor is designated as a traditional craftsman by the Japanese government. A set of tools for engraving is lent and you will make a single-stalk flower vase (see photo). Of course you can take the work home with you.
Wood engraving is one of the representative Japanese traditional crafts products. The capital was moved to Kyoto from Nara in the late eighth century, the culture led by a court noble and the noble prospered in Kyoto. Under these circumstances, the technique of wood engraving developed under the influence of techniques of temple architecture and making Buddhist statues.
In this tour, you can learn the woodwork sculpture of a tradition technique handed down with landmark architectures and cultural assets in Kyoto and make a work.
Price per person
29,300 yen for 1 person
21,000 yen for 2 persons
18,300 yen for 3 persons
16,900 yen for 4 persons
Tour StyleThis is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Pick up at your hotel in Kyoto
(The picking applicable hotels are limited to the hotels between Higashi-oji-dori and Nishi-oji-dori (to the east and west) and Imadegawa-dori and Jujo-dori(to the north and south). If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.)
Group Size1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
Tour Itinerary13:00 start
Your hotel→ Experience Place
What's IncludedGuiding fee, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
What's not IncludedCost of meal and sightseeing activities
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants and date.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.
Kyoto Zen Gardens including the Golden Pavilion & ...
Kyoto Majestic Heian Shrine & Zen Headquarter (Nan...
Serene Arashiyama Bamboo Forest a half day tour in Kyot...
Kyoto Sake Brewery & Fushimi-Inari Shrine a half d...
Kyoto: Sake Brewery & Mini Cruise One Day（SWA010）