Wrestle with a Sumo Wrestler on Real Sumo Ring in Ryogoku
IntroductionJoin this tour and stand on an actual Sumo Ring and face off with an ex-Sumo wrestler!
We offer you an exciting chance to interact with sumo wrestlers!!
You will be able to learn the basic rules and regulation and also the daily life of a Sumo wrestler and their struggle to reach the top.
What makes this experience is special is that anyone has the chance to stand on a real Sumo ring and face off with a Sumo wrestler! Also what makes this tour even more special is the fact that children and women are also allowed to stand on the ring and join the experience. In the Sumo world, women were never allowed on the Sumo ring, and this had been a huge topic in Japan. However with this tour anyone can stand on a real Sumo ring!
After the performance and your heroic act of wrestling with a Sumo wrestler you will be able to go to any of the 11 stores that are in the "Edo NOREN" area for lunch.
You will be given a ticket which you can choose 1 meal from any of the 11 stores below.
*Some restaurant might be closed depending on the date.
1. Tokyo Shouten - Japanese Sake store
2. Tsukishima Monja MOHEJI - Okonomiyaki (Japanese hybrid of pizza and pancake)
3. Kabuki Maguro - Seafood
4. Chanko Kirishima - Chanko nabe is a dish that Sumo wrestler eats
5. Ryogoku Bashisabo - Japanese sweets
6. Tsukiji Kagura Sushi - Sushi restaurant
7. Nezu Torihana - Chicken cuisine such as Yakitori
8. Tempura Hisago - Tempura restaurant
9. Monzenchaya Narukuchi - Seafood and Rice based cuisine
10. Nihonbashi Yabukyu - Soba restuarant
11. Tsukijishokudo Genchan - Seafood
If you don't want to have lunch you can exchange your ticket for souvenirs or for Japanese sake as well!
A option: Sumo design Paper weight
B option: Sumo Chopstick
C option: Edo Rice + Sumo Ramen (Salt flavor) + Sumo Ring Coaster
Price per person (Age 7 and above) 10,800 yen
From October 1st, the price per adult will be 11,800 yen
Children below the Age of 6 can join in free. (However lunch ticket is no included)
Tour Style-This will be a join in tour
-English Speaking Staff
Group SizeMin. 1
Duration1 hour for Sumo performance
(Lunch ticket must be used on that day from 11:00AM - 1:00PM)
Operating DayThis experience is only on Tuesdays
Starting time is 10AM. Please be at the facility before 9:45AM.
Itinerary-Explanation about sumo and its history
-Introduce two ex-sumo wrestlers
-Learn sumo practice and rules
-Sumo match between two sumo wrestlers
-Challenge sumo wrestlers *Please raise your hand if you would like to challenge sumo wrestlers. Anyone has a chance to fight with a wrestler.
-Questions and answers
Meeting PointEDO NOREN
Nearest station: 1 minute walk from JR line Ryogoku Station West Exit
Meeting Place: Ryogoku Edo NOREN
What's Included-Sumo Performance
-Standing on Sumo Ring
-Lunch or gift Ticket
What's not Included-Hotel Pick up and Drop off
-Additional Food and Drink
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through the ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 7 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 7 days and 4 days: 30% of the program charge
- 3 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
Condition - Please advise us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.