Kayaking and Trekking Adventure in Yakushima
Introduction■What is Yakushima?
Yakushima... An island of moss green, a botanical treasury plenty of forests from ancient times, showered forever by the southern heaven, where the islanders live along the vivid cycle of four seasons more intimately than elsewhere in Japan...
This island is not entitled the World Natural Heritage by UNESCO for no reason.
So, we are here to help you know and experience what Yakushima is about!
Enjoy Yakushima field tour with our licensed local guide!
■Trace a river runs through Yakushima in one day!
In the morning, we go kayaking through the lower part of Anbo river, the longest river in Yakushima.
In the afternoon, we walk by the upper part of the same river that goes through Yakusugi-Land, situated deep in the ancient cedar forest.
Please check Kayaking and Yakusugi-Land for more details.
■Do you prefer to prepare your meal for the tour on your own?
If "NO", the lunch (also morning for some tour) we offer is Japanese style "Bento" (lunch box) like in the picture gallery: 1. Rice Balls 2. Cooked Burdock 3. Fried Chicken 4. Fried Fish Ball 5. Mackerel 6. Rolled Omellets
- Rain gear (under windy/cold condition)
- Trekking shoes (always better than sneakers to explore Yakushima)
- Trekking poles (if needed)
- Rainwear (a set of jacket and pants, if you choose longer course)
- Backpack (enough size to carry what you want/need to take with you)
■Price per person
1 person: 37,500 Yen
2 persons: 25,000 Yen
3 persons: 19,300 Yen
4 persons: 16,300 Yen
5 persons or more: Please ask.
Tour Style- Program is offered in English.
Meeting Place: Pick-up to your accommodation located between Isso and Kurio area.
*Please let us know in the case your accommodation is located in Nagata area.
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 4 persons
DurationPaddling: 3.5 hours /Trekking: 3 hours
Tour ItineraryMeeting time:
Miyanoura (Port): 8:00AM
Onoaida area: 8:00AM
Anbo (Port): 8:00AM
*Exact pick up time will be informed after the booking is confirmed.
In the morning
- We go kayaking through the lower part of Anbo river, the longest river in Yakushima.
In the afternoon
- We walk by the upper part of the same river that goes through Yakusugi-Land, situated deep in the ancient cedar forest.
What's Included- Pick up in Yakushima town
- Special boots
- Life Jacket
- Water-proof bag
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
- If the tour is cancelled due to the weather condition, no cancellation fee will be charged.
Also, if the weather doesn’t allow your requested tour though you are already in Yakushima, our guides will propose another activity to make up your stay here.
- Otherwise, cancellation within 7 days of the reserved tour date will be charged the full amount of the tour price.
In short, please be as nice as possible not to cancel after your tour date is confirmed.
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, but we cannot make absolute guarantees! Changes to the itinerary will normally be made to introduce an improvement. Weather conditions, road and transport conditions, and the health of walkers can all contribute to changes. The guide will ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but an easy-going nature is an asset!