Yobitsugi ~Make Original Wine Glass with Antique Ceramics ~
IntroductionThis is a very unique Yobitsugi experience which you will make your very original wine glass, shot glass, or goblet using the technique of Yobitsugi; combining Japanese antique cups from Meiji/Edo period with modern ceramic arts.
《What is Yobitsugi》
Yobitsugi is a technique to repair a broken tableware but by making use of another part or material and remake it better.
《What is Kintsugi》
Kintsugi is Japanese traditional technique to repair a broken tableware by making use of the broken part and repair it better looking than before.
In this experience, you can choose and combine the following items to make your one of kind masterpiece.
1. Antique Ceramic from Edo period or Meiji period
3. stem made by glass
All ceramic and glass parts except antique are created by the ceramic artist, Taku Nakano.
After 2 hours, you can bring the item back to home with you. Please explore Omotesando area until the parts are firmly fixed.
Taku Nakano is the unique ceramist and the owner of his studio in Omotesando, where it’s known for the epicenter of fashion. His artistic view of the world has been put into his creations and he has been making his own craft with ceramics which nobody has ever done before. Click to see his work: http://taku-nakano.com/
Highlight-Make your original wine glass with antique ceramics and the ceramics created by the famous ceramic artists
-Learn about the spirit of Kintsugi and Yobitsugi
-Combine the antique with the modern arts in Omotesando, Tokyo; where the latest fashion and the history of Tokyo has been created.
-Bring the item back to your home for your memories and everyday use.
Price per person:
1. Edo course: 15,000 yen
*The main cup will be the ceramic from Edo period. (AD. 1603~1868)
2. Meiji course: 10,000 yen
*The main cup will be the ceramic from Meiji period. (AD. 1868~1912)
Tour StyleThis is a cultural experience program.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Program is offered in English.
Group Size2 to 4 people
Meeting Point4-6-2 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
(4 min walk from Subway Ginza-line, Hanzomon-line, Chiyoda-line Omotesando station Exit A2)
Operating DaysEvery day except Wednesday
Tour ItineraryStarting time:
Weekdays: 11AM, 1PM, 3PM, 7PM
Weekends: 11AM, 1PM, 3PM, 5PM
*11AM is not operating on Friday
*Wednesday is closed
What's Included- Lesson fee
- Material cost
What's not Included- Transportation fee
Additional info- You have to wait 2 hours until the parts are firmly fixed.
- Come back to the facility after 2 hours to bring back your item with you.
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.