Zen meditation at 300 years old Temple in Miyajima
IntroductionWhy don't you experience the full-scale Zazen (Zen mediation) at a temple with 300 years of history?
It is known that Buddha sat under the bodhi tree which he vowed to never leave that spot until he learned the Truth. Since then his wisdom was spread all over the world by his followers as "The Teaching of Buddha". The Teaching of Buddha became "Zen Buddhism" in China. Japanese Zen Buddhism has developed in its own original way since then.
The essence of Zen Buddhism is Zazen. Zazen is putting aside your everyday thoughts and concentrating on the "here and now". While doing Zazen, it is important to harmonize your posture, breathing and mind. Described as "Cho-shin (harmonizing the body)" "Cho-soku(harmonizing the breath)" "Cho-shin (harmonizing the mind)".
Sitting in the posture of Buddha
Inhale deeply into the lower abdomen, holding your breath briefly and exhaling completely and gently
The mind in its natural state
In okeiko Japan Miyajima, a monk will give you a lesson in Zazen , which takes about an hour.
Your breathing, the chirping of birds, sound of shaking trees,
You will realize how the world is rich by feeling the littlest things around you.
Join us in this wonderful experience, we are waiting for your visit.
Price (per person): 2,300 yen
Tour Style- There may be other participants
- Program is offered in English.
Meeting Place:Okeiko japan
741-1, Kami-sairencho,Miyajimacho, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima, Japan.
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 8 persons
Minimum age is 13 years
What's Included- Guide Fee
- Translator Fee
What's not Included- Transportation fee from to your hotel
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Credit Card. You do not need to have a paypal account to make a payment with your credit card.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without a charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- 1 day before or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time in JST