Zen Garden and Tea Ceremony experience in Kamakura (SEA005)
Visit zen gardens and a tea ceremony room in a temple of east Kamakura. You also can see several Buddhist statues.
Price per person
14,700 yen for 1 person
9,900 yen for 2 persons
8,300 yen for 3 persons
7,500 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 3,100 yen
- Tour Style
- This is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Kamakura Station, East exit
- Group Size
- 1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
- 3 hours
- Tour Itinerary
- (1) 9:30 start
(2) 13:00 start
Kamakura Station, East exit→Hokokuji Temple→ Jomyoji Temple→Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine→Kamakura Station
Hokokuji is known as "Bamboo Temple". About 2,000 straight and tall bamboos rise heavenward, and sunlight gets into them. In the bamboo garden, only the sound of streams and rustling leaves break the silence. This makes you feel like being in another world far from busy urban life.
Jomyoji is ranked 5th in the Five Great Zen Temples in Kamakura. In the tea room called "Kisen-an", you can be relaxed with drinking matcha (powdered green tea). You can also enjoy appreciating the dry landscape garden where rocks and well-trimmed trees are set out superbly. Japanese sweets complement the flavor of the tea.
◆Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine
This great shrine founded by the Kamakura Shogunate and also respected by the Tokugawa Shogunate was the center of "Bushido" (the spirit of the samurai). Walking along the flag stones from the massive torii gate, the vermilion Maiden (the Ritual Dance Stage) with a heartbreaking story comes into view up ahead. Up on the sixty stone steps stands Honden (the Main Hall) donated by a Shogun. This place commands a view of Kamakura City. In Hakko-do (a craft shop) at the entrance of the shrine, you can enjoy elaborate Kamakura-bori crafts (wooden artifacts carved in relief repeatedly lacquered in black and vermilion).
- What's Included
- ・Guiding fee
・Tea‐ceremony room fee with Matcha green powdered tea and dry confectionery
・Public transportation fee for JR and subways (For taxis or hired cars, actual additional fee will be charge.)
- What's not Included
- Lunch, beverages, Travel expenses to the meeting place, and shopping fees
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants, time, and date.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.
Visit the Great Buddha and Temples in Kamakur...
See the world-famous Great Buddha, which is a...
Southeast Kamakura walking a half day tour wi...
Kamakura is one of the most attractive touris...
Yokohama Nissan Plant and Cup Noodle Museum T...
Your guide picks you up at the lobby of the h...