Experience Zen meditation at a Japanese Temple in Fukuoka
IntroductionMake your visit to Japan a special one by achieving peace in your busy life with this Zen meditation in Hakata!
The monk at the Myorakuji Temple will teach you the step by step on how to do Zen meditation. Come and join this experience and escape from your busy life and relax in this calm atmosphere of the temple and achieve mental concentration.
The essence of Zen Buddhism is Zazen. Zazen is putting aside your everyday thoughts and concentrating on the "here and now". While doing Zazen, it is important to harmonize your posture, breathing and mind. Described as "Cho-shin (harmonizing the body)" "Cho-soku(harmonizing the breath)" "Cho-shin (harmonizing the mind)".
Sitting in the posture of Buddha
Inhale deeply into the lower abdomen, holding your breath briefly and exhaling completely and gently
The mind in its natural state
Myorakuji temple is a temple of Rinzai-shyu. Their lesson tells us how to live in this nature, and concentrate yourself through a meditation. They call clarifying yourself "Satori"(spiritual awakening) and everyone trains themselves to achieve that level. Myorakuji was very important place during the term of transaction between Hakata(Fukuoka) and China.
Price per person
English speaking assistant: 7,000 yen per group
Monday and Sunday only
Tour Style-There may be other participants
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max 20 persons
DurationStart Time: 5:00PM
1 hour experience
What's Included- Zen Meditation
- Japanese speaking staff
What's not Included- Hotel Pick up and Drop off
- Food and Beverage
- English speaking staff
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 3 days before the program date will incur the following:
- Between 2 days and 1 day: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.