Towada Hachimantai National Park
The Towada Hachimantai National Park spreads among the three prefectures; Aomori, Iwate, and Akita. The park is in the mountainous area of northern Honshu area. It is the park of volcanos, lakes, and mountain streams.
Tohoku has a toji culture that has been passed down in Japan over 300 years. Toji is a hot spring therapy, literally meaning “hot water cure” in Japanese. Today, tourists from all over the world visit to seek high-quality hot water and the style of staying as if they lived is a gathering place for people who want to refresh their mind and body through their stay.
Reasons to Go
- Enjoy hiking and sightseeing from Aomori and Hachinohe
- Trekking Oirase mountain stream and Hakkoda Mountains.
- Combine Sukayu onsen stay and activities for a long stay
- Skiing on powder snow around Hachimantai in the winter
Recommended timing to visit
Route A: July – September, Route B: December – March
Sample Tour Itinerary
Sample Schedule ~Route A: Hiking~
**Transportation: Car rental (All itinerary)
＊Local guide available
- Aomori Station
- Hakkoda Ropeway Station~ Ropeway~Hakkoda Mountain View
- Paradise Course (Hiking)
- Sukayu Onsen ＊optional
- Move to Oirase and stay one night
- 6:00 AM – 7:30 AM Oirase Keiryu ~Oirase Mountain Stream~,
- Koke(moss) walk
- 8:00 AM Breakfast at a hotel
- 10:00 AM Hiking Oirase Keiryu (2h)
- Free Time
- 9:00 AM Check out hotel
- 11:00 AM Hirosaki
- Hirosakijo Castle
- Walk Hirosaki old town
- 2:30 PM Move to Aomori city
- 4:00 PM Check in at hotel
- ＊Return car
- 5:30 PM Last entry of Nebuta Museum WA RASSE
- Next Destination
Sample Schedule ~ Route B: Skiing~
- **Transportation: Shuttle bus from Morioka Station
- Morioka Station to Kyukamura(holiday village) by shuttle bus
- Check in
- Free time
check out or extended stay
Take a shuttle bus back to Morioka Station
Hakkoda Ropeway : Walking the nature trail from the Summit Park Station, you can easily enjoy watching marshes and alpine vegetation, and it takes about 30-60 minutes.
Sukayu Onsen: Sukayu is a mountainous hot spring that has been accessible over 300 years and was the first to be appointed as the People’s Recreation Hot Spring in 1954. The area is surrounded by great wilderness such as Mt. Hakkoda, Suiren Numa Pond, and Jogakura Gorge.
Oirase Keiryu ~Oirase Mountain Stream~: The Oirase Keiryu mountain stream flows from Lake Towada. Lush trees, more than a dozen waterfalls and various rocks create a beautiful mountain stream beauty. It is recognized as the best sceneries of Japan’s northeastern Tohoku region.
- ・Oirase Mori No Hotel
- ・The Hoshino Resort Oirase Keiryu Hotel
- ・Aomori Kokusai Hotel
- ・Kyukamura Iwate Amihari Onsen