Local Food Tour with a Guide in Backstreets of Kyoto
IntroductionExplore Kyoto's hidden alleys and delicacies with a local guide. Many people assumes that Japan is famous for dishes such as Tempura, Teppanyaki and Sushi. However in Kyoto you will discover dishes that only the local's enjoy. These areas are very difficult to find at first-sight, but with the help of your local guide you too can become one of the locals. You will be able to spend time with the locals and taste the typical Kyoto delicacy at carefully chosen bistro and local bars.
(This will be a walking-tour.)
Highlights-Discover Kyoto's unique delicacy in hidden alleys where only the local's hang out at.
-Local guide will consult your taste and interests, then guide you to appropriate places accordingly.
-Expert guide can help you to try some local appetizers and sake that are brewed in Kyoto.
-Be part of local and feel the unique atmosphere of the classic alleys of Kyoto.
What are the advantages of having local guide with you?
- You'll have basic knowledge of Kyoto's unique dishes and the guide will cater to your taste.
- Detailed explanation of specialties of each restaurant.
- You'll feel comfortable and be stress-free as the guide knows unique cover-charge system . (Some places in touristic area in Kyoto have relatively high cover-charge and it's not always clearly mentioned ).
- For food-restrictions, the guide will be able to arrange accordingly.
Price per person
-1 person:12,500 yen
-2 to 4 persons:9,000 yen
For more information, please see below.
Tour StyleThis is a foodie tour with a bit of walking, there may be other participants.
Group SizeMin. 1 person Max. 4 persons
DurationApproximately 1.5 hours( 90 minutes)
Meeting PointIn front of main entrance of Disney store Kyoto, Kawaramachi
Operating DayAll year around(Except from 26th of Dec. to 3rd of Jan.)
Tour Itinerary-Starting time: 05:30 PM
(The tour ends around 07:00 PM)
What's included-At least 1 drink and 1 dish at each place
-Hopping to 2 local restaurants with a guide
-Guided walking tour of backstreets of Kyoto downtown area
What's not included-Transportation to and from the meeting point
-Additional food and drink
Other information-Let us know if you don't wish to eat at standing style bistro on booking.
-There may be waiting time to secure seating at restaurant (as some bars don't accept reservation.).
-Small children may not be accepted. Contact for further information.
-Let us know on booking if you have any food requests such as allergy or food restrictions.
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled before 2 days, 1 day before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 2 days and 1 day before: 30% of the program charge
- On the day of event or no show: 100% of the program charge