Experience home cooking or 'IZAKAYA' food cooking class in Kyoto
IntroductionAfternoon Izakaya Cooking Class is a great way to immerse yourself in Japanese dining culture as well as learn authentic and popular Japanese foods that are eaten at home and in local restaurants. The course consists of two parts. First, you will cook 2~3 dishes and enjoy them. Then you will return to the kitchen and learn 2~3 more dishes before eating once more. Enjoy cooking and eating a variety of dishes in cozy atmosphere just like in Izakaya restaurants (Japanese style pubs)!
-Lotus root salad with miso and sesame sauce
-Braised beef and potato
-Dashi based soup with mushroom and egg
-Rice ball with fillings
-Matcha(Green tea) sorbet
*Menu is subject to change
*For vegetarian customers, we replace meat and fish to vegetables and other ingredients
◆What you will experience:
1. You will be welcomed by our staff with green tea.
2. The class is briefly explained by our staff and you will wear samue (working clothes for buddhist monks) as an apron.
3. Learn about dashi broth (soup stock for Japanese cuisine) and various types of seasonings (soy sauce, mirin, sake, miso, etc).
4. Cook 2-3 authentic Japanese dishes which are often made in Japanese homes.
5. End of the first half. Eat dishes with the other participants.
6. Restart the second half. Cook 1-2 dishes.
7. End of the second half. Eat dishes and end class.
◆Pricing (per person)
1 person: 9,360yen
child (6~12 years old)
※For private or group booking, please inquire.
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 30 persons
Address: Funaya-cho 679, Higashinakasuji Matsubara agaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto
- 20 min from JR Kyoto Station
- 10 min from Shijo/Karasuma Station
- 10 min from Gojo Station
What's Included-Material Costs
-Lecture in English
What's not Included-Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal/bitcoin. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
- Reservations cancelled less than 7 days will incur 20% of the program charge.
- Reservations cancelled less than 2 days will incur 50% of the program charge.
- No show and 1 day before cancellation 100% of the program charge.