Experience real 'Katana' (drawn sword) technique, Tea ceremony, Calligraphy, Kimono wearing
IntroductionYou can experience the "Katana" (drawn sword) technique using the real Katana, which is very rare. They also provide Tea ceremony, Calligraphy, and Kimono wearing experiences so you can choose as many programs as you wish. So you may wear kimono and experience tea ceremony and/or katana technique. You can also purchase the real katana at the site.
◆Sado (Tea Ceremony) Experience
Entering the tea room through the Nijiriguchi, guests will receive a lecture on the tea room and the correct manner in which to enjoy sweets and matcha tea. This is followed by the tea ceremony itself.
◆Batto (Sword) Experience
Our instructor will demonstrate the art of shizan (trial cutting). For guests who wish to do so, there will then be the opportunity to try it for themselves in practice.
(For those who are under 14 years of age or younger, please inquire us in advance.)
◆Shodo (Japanese Calligraphy) Experience
Guests will receive an explanation of the writing instruments, and the correct manner in which to sit, and hold the brush. After warming up, one can practice the different brush strokes and flicks used in the art followed by writing your own name (in kanji)
◆Waso (Kimono) Experience Plan
Our waso instructors will dress guests in kimono (Men will be provided with a haori-hakama) followed by a photo shoot. Guests can take part in other art forms while wearing kimono.
(We will ask your height in advance. Kimono is available up to 180cm of height.)
Price per person
1 Art form: 13,500 yen
2 Art forms: 21,600 yen
3 Art forms: 24,300 yen
All 4 Art forms: 29,700 yen
Please set aside 30-45 minutes for each art form you wish to partake in.
Tour StyleThis private program date and time can be arranged upon your request. This program can only be offered in English.
Group Size1〜20 persons
Please inquire us for 21 people or more.
Duration30-45 minutes for each art form
Tour ItineraryAvaialble time: 11:30am〜5:15pm
Please let us know your requested date and time range.
Itinerary for those who experience all 4 art forms:
→Enter the dojo and take part in the shodo experience.
→After changing into kimono, move to the tea room and begin the sado experience.
→Return to the dojo, where the batto experience will start.
→When leaving, you will be presented with the scroll which you wrote your name on during the shodo experience.
→The experience day will take between 2 and 2.5 hours.
What's Included- Experience fee
- Reservation arrangement
What's not Included- Transportation fee
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below. 2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal website. (Credit card accepted)
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 business days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 business days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- 2 business days (~8pm) prior to the program date: 30% of the program charge
- 1 business days (~8pm) prior to the program date: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 2 business days prior to the program date.