Japanese 'Bento' cooking class in Kyoto
IntroductionJapanese traditional lunch box 'Bento' is one of the unique cuisines in Japan that fills small boxes little by little.
Morning Bento Class is a great way to learn about typical Japanese dishes such as sushi, tempura and miso soup. In addition, you will learn the cultural background of the well-known Japanese ‘Bento’. During the 2.5-3 hour class, we will demonstrate and explain the tricks to making these beautiful dishes and then you will give it a try. After you finish cooking, you will enjoy the bento lunch you just made!
- Gomaae Sesame Salad
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Egg Roll
- Sushi Roll
- Miso Soup
*Menu is subject to change by season.
◆What you will experience:
1. You will be welcomed by our staff with green tea.
2. The class is briefly explained by our staff and you will wear samue (working clothes for buddhist monks) as an apron.
3. Learn about dashi broth (soup stock for Japanese cuisine) and various types of seasonings (soy sauce, mirin, sake, miso, etc).
4. Cook 4-5 dishes to make bento lunch box.
5. Eat bento with the other participants.
6. End class.
◆Pricing (per person)
1 person: 9,360yen
-child (6~12 years old)-
※For private or group booking, please inquire.
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 30 persons
Address: Funaya-cho 679, Higashinakasuji Matsubara agaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto
● 20 min from JR Kyoto Station
● 10 min from Shijo/Karasuma Station
● 10 min from Gojo Station
What's Included-Material Costs
-Lecture in English
What's not Included-Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal/bitcoin. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
- Reservations cancelled less than 7 days will incur 20% of the program charge.
- Reservations cancelled less than 2 days will incur 50% of the program charge.
- No show and 1 day before cancellation 100% of the program charge.