Enjoy Japanese Pottery (ceramic art) experience in Omotesando, Tokyo
IntroductionExperience one of Japanese traditional craft, ceramic art, in this program!
You will wear samue, Japanese wearing that craftsman usually wears, and make your own item, such as cup and chopstick rest. Facility is conveniently located in Omotesando area.
There are 2 program options available.
■Electric pottery wheel experience: 6,480 Yen per person
Based on the kind instruction of the pottery wheel from a professional craftsman and make a cup. You cannot bring what you made to home with you (because it would take weeks to complete the process), but you can bring the handmade cup that was made at this studio back to home with you. The souvenir is presented on an authentic paulownia box.
■Chopstick rest making program: 6,480 Yen per person
Based on the instruction from craftsman, you will make your own chopstick rest by handmixing the clay and painting on it. Item will be baked for 3 hours and it will be ready to bring it back with you. Item will be nicely wrapped into acrylic box.
There is a free inspection tour for 10 min.
10AM、1PM、3PM、5PM or 7PM
Please inquire us for more details
Pottery repair experience is available at this facility:URL
Tour StyleThis is a cultural experience program.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Program is offered in English.
Meeting Place: 4-6-2 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
(4 min walk from Subway Ginza-line, Hanzomon-line, Chiyoda-line Omotesando station Exit A2)
Group SizeElectric pottery wheel experience: 2 to 6 people
Chopstick rest making experience: 2 to 70 people
Tour ItineraryAvailable starting time: 10AM (except Friday), 1PM, 3PM, 7PM
- Introduction (5 min)
- Demonstration (10 min)
- Ceramic art experience (40 min)
- Clean up (5 min)
What's Included- Lesson fee
What's not IncludedTransportation to/from the facility
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.