Traditional Pottery, Bizen Ware Making Experience in Okayama
IntroductionEnjoy making Bizen ware in Imbe town, one of the most well-known places for pottery.
Japan is known as a country that has many production areas of various potteries. The oldest 6 areas are called Nihon Rokkoyo and known as representative pottery production areas.
One of Nihon Rokkoyo is Bizen ware and it is also called Imbe ware since the Imbe area is famous for producing Bizen ware.
In this program, you will take a private lesson at a potter's studio.
You need to choose either electric wheel or hand forming and write a conceptional drawing.
Thereafter, make your own pottery with professional potter.
Price per person: 5,400 yen
* Shipping fee will occur additionally in case you want your pottery to be delivered.
Option: Clay making experience of Bizen ware Additional 4,000 yen
1. Smash the dried original clay with a wooden hammer (20 min.)
2. Dissolve and put in a pot. Knead clay with your foot. (20 min.)
3. Sieving all stones using the wire (20 min.)
Tour Style- This private program date and time can be arranged upon your request.
- An instructor speaks a little English.
Meeting place: Imbe station *Potter will pick you up
Group Size2 to 6 persons
What's Included- Material cost (clay)
- Lesson fee
- Participants will receive a little gift
What's not Included- Delivery fee of a finished work (upon request)
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 2 days and 1 day: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.