Nature Walking Tour in Yakushima island
Introduction■What is Yakushima?
Yakushima... An island of moss green, a botanical treasury plenty of forests from ancient times, showered forever by the southern heaven, where the islanders live along the vivid cycle of four seasons more intimately than elsewhere in Japan...
This island is not entitled the World Natural Heritage by UNESCO for no reason.
So, we are here to help you know and experience what Yakushima is about!
Enjoy Yakushima field tour with our licensed local guide!
■What is Yakusugi? The answer is in this Land of ancient cedar forest
Easy and relaxing, how about a cup of tea or coffee by the creek?
Even if you don’t wish to do trekking at all, you can still enjoy an easy walk in the ancient forest in this course.
The short course goes for 1-2hours. It’s very safe. When it rains, you can use your umbrella and walk in the rain!
Then, we take you to sightseeing for the rest of the tour day (check also Sightseeing).
If you wish to spend more time in the forest, the course includes a wild trail and the tour becomes trekking at parts. However, the longer you walk, the deeper you get into the forest. It’s worthwhile.
■Do you prefer to prepare your meal for the tour on your own?
If "NO", the lunch (also morning for some tour) we offer is Japanese style "Bento" (lunch box) like in the picture gallery: 1. Rice Balls 2. Cooked Burdock 3. Fried Chicken 4. Fried Fish Ball 5. Mackerel 6. Rolled Omellets
- Trekking shoes(if you choose longer course)
- Trekking poles(if needed)
- Rainwear (a set of jacket and pants, if you choose longer course)
- Backpack (enough size to carry what you want/need to take with you)
■Price per person
1 person: 31,300 Yen
2 persons: 21,900 Yen
3 persons: 16,800 Yen
4 persons: 14,200 Yen
5 persons or more: Please ask.
Tour Style-- Program is offered in English.
Meeting Place: Pick-up to your accommodation located between Isso and Kurio area.
*Please let us know in the case your accommodation is located in Nagata area.
Group Size1 to 4 persons
Please ask if your group size is more than 5 persons
Duration3-6 hours (depending on how far and long you would like to explore)
Tour ItineraryStarting time:
Onoaida area: 8:30AM
Miyanoura area: 8:30AM
Anbo (Port): 9:00AM
*Exact pick up time will be informed after the booking is confirmed.
What's Included- Pick-up
- The entry fee 400 Yen for each required in order to support the maintenance cost of the national park,
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
- If the tour is cancelled due to the weather condition, no cancellation fee will be charged.
Also, if the weather doesn’t allow your requested tour though you are already in Yakushima, our guides will propose another activity to make up your stay here.
- Otherwise, cancellation within 7 days of the reserved tour date will be charged the full amount of the tour price.
In short, please be as nice as possible not to cancel after your tour date is confirmed.
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, but we cannot make absolute guarantees! Changes to the itinerary will normally be made to introduce an improvement. Weather conditions, road and transport conditions, and the health of walkers can all contribute to changes. The guide will ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but an easy-going nature is an asset!
Charter cruise in Ishigaki, Okinawa *English guide avai...
Chartered Fishing in Ishigaki, Okinawa (Lure fishing, T...
Enjoy Scuba Diving and Snorkeling in Irabu Island Blue ...
Enjoy Various Marine Activities in Ishigaki island, Oki...
Fun Diving in Ishigaki, Okinawa *English guide availabl...